Rolls Royce India unveiled the face-lifted Ghost Series II here on November 7, 2014. It was launched in Mumbai and ‘The Best CAR Blog Ever’ was invited to the event.
Since the launch of the Rolls Royce Ghost first in 2009, it has been the ultimate mark of success for entrepreneurs, business people & celebrities too here in India. As a matter of fact, the Ghost has been a very successful Rolls Royce all around the world. People who buy it have been served by the Ghost as both – a business tool for the business week and an engaging driving experience for leisure during the weekends.
India is one of the top 5 markets in Asia-Pacific for the Rolls Royce Ghost. It is also an important market, which is significant from the fact that Rolls Royce has five dealerships across the country, a big number for a super luxury car maker. The India-bound Ghosts are also the most Bespoke in the world with most having some or the other made-to-order content.
Sven Ritter, General Manager for Rolls Royce Motor Cars Asia-Pacific, who unveiled the car along with Mr Sharad Kachalia of Navnit Motors, explained, “In Ghost Series II, customers will find the same level of exclusivity, quality and perfection that is quintessentially Rolls Royce. Ghost has been the leading choice in India.”
The new Ghost is majorly a face-lift on the front, with noticeable changes on the exterior and a few updates on the interior, while the rear and the engine continue from the earlier Ghost.
Here is a comprehensive list of changes/updates on the Rolls Royce Ghost Series II:
- Redesigned LED headlights framed by Day-time Running Lights (DRL)
- Re-sculptured bumper that gives a wider and dynamic stance
- A new bonnet design that features tapered ‘wake channel’ (see the photo)
- New paint and wheel options.
- Redesigned front seats which includes electronically adjustable thigh supports and depth adjustment.
- Rear seats have been slightly re-angled to augment easy communication with fellow passengers.
- Suspension enhancements
- Satellite Aided Transmission as standard – it uses GPS and mapping data to make sure that the car is always in the correct gear when negotiating turns, motorway exits and roundabouts.
- New optional 21-inch forged wheels and standard 19-inch wheels
- Bespoke Audio – finest hardware and latest connectivity options in an exhaustively designed automotive hi-fi system.
The Ghost Series II comes with the 8-speed ZF gearbox and continues with the same engine as the earlier Ghost: the 6.6 litre twin-turbo V12 engine generating a Max Power of 563bhp @ 5250rpm and Max Torque of 780Nm @ 1500rpm. It can do an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
There are two variants that are available of the Ghost Series II: Standard Wheel Base and Extended Wheel Base.
Here are the pictures from the event without much ado:
Here is the video of the unveiling:
Here are some photos from after the unveiling:
Last but not the least is the price of the beautiful beast! Rs 4.50 Crore Ex-Showroom (pan India).
Let me know your views about this car! Share your thoughts! 🙂 🙂